Go Beyond the Ordinary
Empower Your Family
Empower the World
Tenet of the Week:
“Doing the right thing at the right time.”
I only use what I learn to protect, defend, and keep my environment safe.
Utah Valley's Premiere Martial Arts Studio & Fitness Center
Safety First - Look both ways before going into parking lot!
With so many people coming and going it can get pretty hectic. Cars may not be able to see you, so be safe!
No Peanuts Please!
We have students who are severely allergic, so don’t bring peanuts to BST and wash your hands if you ate them earlier. Thanks for keeping each other safe!
Bring a water bottle to classes!
To be able to get a drink during class, make sure to bring a water bottle with your name on it!
We have a Bike Rack at BST!
Please bring a bike lock, and remember to take bikes home each night!
(Parents of Ninjas Association)
To get involved talk to the Front Desk!
No shoes, food, or non-water drinks on the mat!
Help us take care of our training space and keep it clean!
We always bow when we go on and off the mat.
This shows respect and gratitude for our training space.
Remember to show respect by saying "Yes Ma'am/Sir"
A huge part of showing respect is acknowledging when someone has spoken to you!
Pushups: consequence not punishment
Consequences are a fact of life. We like pushups because they build the core muscles we need to excel!
Keep your hair out of your face!
This shows confidence and improves your technique. No hats or full-head coverings please.
Thanksgiving Sale is going on now! While supplies last! Come check it out, or if you’re on our email list, check your inbox for PDFs of our current sales!
Current Covid Guidelines: We’re so grateful for you, and will do our best to follow the guidelines while still providing you quality martial arts instruction! Here’s the plan:
- Masks are required at all times when inside BST. Masks should cover nose and mouth. Make sure to bring your own mask! We are out of disposable masks, so if a student forgets their mask, we will give them a cloth one and bill the account they have on file for $5 plus tax.
- If using equipment, use hand sanitizer before & after. Please wipe down the equipment afterwards with the provided spray & rag (or wipes, if available)
- We will social distance as much as possible.
- We still have online classes available if you need them! Refer to your student manual for the codes.
BST 2020-2021 Monthly Calendar Inserts Free for BST Students! These monthly calendars are sized and punched to fit in your new student manuals and allow you to see one month per spread, which lets you see your whole month at a glance. All the BST events, including close dates, tape of the week, tenet of the week, and testing weeks are already in there so you’ll always know what’s going on at TKD! Master Sorenson loves the new calendar so much that she wants every student to have it, thus, the 2020-2021 BST calendar is available free! Pick yours up today! (1 per student). Note: bring your student manual with you so you can put your calendar right inside. That way it doesn’t get lost or damaged in transit!
We are renting lockers for $15 a month. These lockers are located over by the preschool and are spacious enough to hold your uniform, gloves, and sparring gear, as well as most weapons (bo staffs excluded unless they are telescopic). First come first serve!
Note: All of the Tournaments count as tournaments for Black Belt Testing. We encourage all of our students to attend if able!
- BB Challenge & BB Unlimited Tournaments Wednesday November 25 @ 8 am. These tournaments are for all belt ranks and focus on endurance and skills required for Black Belt Testing. Winners will have their names and records posted at the studio! Check the Registration packet for available events and pricing! Final registration deadline is Tuesday November 24th.
- Sport Poomsae Tournament Saturday Dec 5th. Check the registration packet for available events and pricing! All ranks and ages are available to compete! Early registration deadline is Monday November 23rd.
Self Defense Week: Brown Tape
Watch the youtube videos to view your requirements and come to class with questions!
Sparring hours are 6 hours within the last 3 months at rank. Please know that sparring is a consistent requirement, so even if you don’t test you need to attend sparring regularly!
For your Black Tape: Remember that you need to do a Performance 25 for each of your required forms in order to get your black tape! Watch the youtube videos to review & practice!
For your Green Tape: to pass off your green tape you need your free-sparring gear! For Green Belts and higher this means head gear & free-sparring boots as well as the gloves!
Covid-19 Safety Precautions
Do NOT Enter BST if you have any of the following symptoms:
Any other Flu-like symptoms
If you are quarantined due to possible Covid exposure somewhere else, please do not attend classes at BST. We have online options available until you are cleared to leave quarantine.
- All Programs: We must require masks to follow state regulations and remain open. Please wear your mask at all times when inside the studio.
- Sparring: If you do not feel comfortable sparring a person you can spar on a bag instead.
- Parents: Spectators are allowed if they wear a mask at all times and social distance as much as possible. Visiting children must remain with their caregiver at all times.
New Student Special
Web Special: New students who mention this ad will receive 1 month FREE during registration.
For every referral who signs up you earn 25 BST Buks to be used toward testing fees, tuition, or proshop items!
Want us to come do a talk at your school? We have a variety of topics that support teachers. Click here for info!