Go Beyond the Ordinary
Empower Your Family
Empower the World
Tenet of the Week:
“Always believing in myself.”
I can do anything I set my mind to. I am a positive example for everyone around me..
Utah Valley's Premiere Martial Arts Studio & Fitness Center
Safety First - Look both ways before going into parking lot!
With so many people coming and going it can get pretty hectic. Cars may not be able to see you, so be safe!
No Peanuts Please!
We have students who are severely allergic, so don’t bring peanuts to BST and wash your hands if you ate them earlier. Thanks for keeping each other safe!
Bring a water bottle to classes!
To be able to get a drink during class, make sure to bring a water bottle with your name on it!
We have a Bike Rack at BST!
Please bring a bike lock, and remember to take bikes home each night!
(Parents of Ninjas Association)
To get involved talk to the Front Desk!
No shoes, food, or non-water drinks on the mat!
Help us take care of our training space and keep it clean!
We always bow when we go on and off the mat.
This shows respect and gratitude for our training space.
Remember to show respect by saying "Yes Ma'am/Sir"
A huge part of showing respect is acknowledging when someone has spoken to you!
Pushups: consequence not punishment
Consequences are a fact of life. We like pushups because they build the core muscles we need to excel!
Keep your hair out of your face!
This shows confidence and improves your technique. No hats or full-head coverings please.
Check your rank when you sign in for classes!
June Color Belt Testing Week Starts in
It’s Review Week!
Make sure to get all 7 tapes by this Thursday if testing next week!
Goal Check-in: How are your goals coming? Have you been successful so far? If not, what can you adjust to be more effective going forward? What’s getting in your way and solutions can you try?
Rank Advancement Ceremony is Back! We’re so excited to be able to do awards and presentations again! Rank Advancement will be Friday June 18th at 6pm. Make sure to wear a clean, white uniform and your current rank belt!
For the summer we are adding a Monday/Wednesday Foundations 2 class. Starting June 2nd, we will offer Foundations 2 from 3-3:45pm on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please let the front desk know if you plan on attending this class! We will determine if this class will continue in the fall based on whether Alpine School District returns to the normal schedule.
Summer Break is coming up fast! Make sure summer break is in your calendar (June 21-July 5th). We will not have regular classes, but try to complete a P25 for your past rank forms if you can!
Board Breaking Seminar that was scheduled for July 24th has been moved to July 10th. Please check out our updated Calendar online to print the changes if desired.
Upcoming Registration Deadlines:
- Summer Day Camps Go through Aug 6! (9 am to 5 pm). Each week has a theme with related activities. Reserve your spot today, as space is limited! (ages 5-12).
- Belt Jump Camp (June 14-18) – Get your next rank in just 1 week! $395 for Beginning ranks & $445 for Intermediate, Advanced, & Black Belt ranks (Includes sparring hours) until June 4th. Check out the schedule here. Fill out your registration form today!
- Leadership Conference (June 21-25th) – Join us for a week learning leadership skills in the mountains. We will have several training sessions each day, as well as games, crafts, hikes, and cliff jumping. It is a total blast and we learn a ton! For 12 years+ unless you have special permission from Master Sorenson. Just $550. 2pm Monday – 2pm Friday (ish- Return time will depend on traffic).
If you register for any of these events b/c of this post, please put “Master Page” in the place where it asks you who told you about the event. (We’re having a competition! ;D)
Parent volunteers are always welcome for events! If you want to be involved/help out, just let us know at the front desk!
PreSchool Pre-Registration for the 2021/2022 school year is open now! Am, Pm, and full day schedules available. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today! Call to schedule a free, no pressure tour!
- Classroom Tour – come see our awesome tree house!
- Introduction to our Montessori-inspired learning environment
- Meet the teachers & staff
- Discounted rates for early registration!
We have updated the BST Calendar that is compatible with your student manual! You can view & download the PDF Here, or you can order a printed version via email or @ the front desk.
Check out our updated class schedule!
- Online Class Reminder: Please keep in mind that instructors for online classes will only hold the class if students are there at the start of class, so please make sure you’re on time or the class may be canceled due to non-attendance.
Tired of hauling your gear to and from the studio, or worse, leaving it at home and getting to do pushups? If this sounds like you, then we have a solution! Big enough to hold your uniform, gloves, and sparring gear, our on-site lockers can be rented for just $7.50/month or $60/year! Availability is limited, so if you want one, talk to the front desk today!
*Dates and times subject to change. Any changes will be announced asap.
- June 14-18 – Belt Jump Camp
- June 14-18 – Color Belt Testing
- June 21-25 – Leadership Conference
- July 10 from 11-2 pm – Board Breaking Seminar (NEW DATE!!!)
- August 7 from 11-2pm – Breaking Extravaganza
- September 11 @ 11am – BST Hanmadang 2
- September 18 @ 9am – Black Belt Testing Trial 1
- September 20-24 – Color Belt Testing
- October 9 @11am – Sparring Tournament
- November 13 @11am – Board Breaking Tournament
- December 4 @ 11am – Black Belt Challenge Tournament
- December 11 @ 8 am – Black Belt Testing Trial 2
- December 13-17 – Color Belt Testing
Review Week – Get all 7 tapes by Thursday!
Watch the youtube videos to view your requirements and come to class with questions!
For your Green Tape: to practice and pass off your green tape you need your free-sparring gear! For Green Belts and higher this means head gear & free-sparring boots as well as the gloves!
For your Black Tape: Remember that you need to do a Performance 25 for each of your required forms in order to get your black tape! Watch the youtube videos to review & practice!
Sparring hours are 6 hours within the last 3 months at rank. Please know that sparring is a consistent requirement, so even if you don’t test you need to attend sparring regularly!
Covid-19 Safety Precautions
Do NOT Enter BST if you have any of the following symptoms:
Any other Flu-like symptoms
If you are quarantined due to possible Covid exposure somewhere else, please do not attend classes at BST. We have online options available until you are cleared to leave quarantine.
Please keep in mind that anyone who wants to continue wearing a mask should continue to do so. It is good conditioning and prevents the spread of many things besides just covid. And any student who feels they may have been exposed to Covid or who is feeling slightly unwell in any way should also wear a mask at all times while at BST.
- Foundations 1 & 2: Are not required to wear masks unless their parents want them to or if they are feeling unwell.
- 7-12 year olds: Should wear a mask, but may lower it when they are social distanced from others in their classes. They must have a mask for self defense and step sparring.
- Teens & Adults: Same as 7-12 year olds, except that those who are fully vaccinated may choose not to wear a mask at all (unless they are feeling unwell).
- Sparring: We are wearing masks unless you are fully vaccinated. If you do not feel comfortable sparring a person you can spar on a bag instead.
- Parents: Spectators are welcome please wear a mask and social distance as much as possible. Visiting children must remain with their caregiver at all times.
Thank you for your support and understanding, and please keep in mind that regardless of your personal feelings on masks, others may feel differently. Please make sure to maintain social distance and be incredibly respectful of those who choose to wear masks and those who do not. We are all in this together and we need to do what we feel is right, but also make sure that we are supporting those around us as they make their own decisions.
Sept CBT Paperwork Due Sept 10 @5pm
Drop-Off & Pick-Up:
- Please follow the arrows for flow of traffic!
- Do not leave your vehicle in the Loading Zone.
- Do not block the Drive-Thru Lane.
New Student Special
Web Special: New students who mention this ad will receive 1 month FREE during registration.
For every referral who signs up you earn 25 BST Buks to be used toward testing fees, tuition, or proshop items!
Want us to come do a talk at your school? We have a variety of topics that support teachers. Click here for info!