Go Beyond the Ordinary
Empower Your Family
Empower the World
Tenet of the Week:
“Being respectful and considerate of others.”
I always show respect for myself, my family, and my community.
Utah Valley's Premiere Martial Arts Studio & Fitness Center
Safety First - Look both ways before going into parking lot!
With so many people coming and going it can get pretty hectic. Cars may not be able to see you, so be safe!
No Peanuts Please!
We have students who are severely allergic, so don’t bring peanuts to BST and wash your hands if you ate them earlier. Thanks for keeping each other safe!
Bring a water bottle to classes!
To be able to get a drink during class, make sure to bring a water bottle with your name on it!
We have a Bike Rack at BST!
Please bring a bike lock, and remember to take bikes home each night!
(Parents of Ninjas Association)
To get involved talk to the Front Desk!
No shoes, food, or non-water drinks on the mat!
Help us take care of our training space and keep it clean!
We always bow when we go on and off the mat.
This shows respect and gratitude for our training space.
Remember to show respect by saying "Yes Ma'am/Sir"
A huge part of showing respect is acknowledging when someone has spoken to you!
Pushups: consequence not punishment
Consequences are a fact of life. We like pushups because they build the core muscles we need to excel!
Hello BST Friends & Family!
We are back in classes! This week is Techniques, also known as your green tape. Watch the youtube videos and come to class with questions!
Updated July 2020 Calendar is Live! We have added 2 mixed children’s classes (M/W @4pm), 2 Teen & Adult Classes (M/W @ 6pm), as well as Sparring classes and Ho sin sul class.
Current Covid 19 Safety Precautions
We are following a combination of the Utah guidelines for sports, gyms, & child care facilities.
Do NOT Enter BST if you have any of the following symptoms:
Any other Flu-like symptoms
- Foundations 1 & 2 Programs: These students are not required to wear masks, but must wash their hands upon entering the studio. Do not bring your child if they are showing any Covid symptoms. We will sanitize the equipment used regularly and maintain social distancing as much as their age allows. They are welcome to wear a mask if they will keep it on their face for an entire class.
- All other Programs: Masks are optional when you are at least 6 feet away from other students in class, but will be required for close group work where social distancing is not possible (such as for self defense). Please have a mask that is easy to remove and replace as needed (such as one that can hang around the neck when not in use). Do not come if you have any Covid symptoms, and wash your hands upon entering the studio. We will sanitize the equipment used regularly and maintain social distancing as much as possible while still training.
- Sparring: We will not be requiring masks during sparring due to increased risks of heat exhaustion and the inability to spot a facial injury easily. If you are concerned about this you can spar on a bag instead of with an actual person. We encourage students who do spar to sanitize their gear after each class.
- Self Defense & Step Sparring: Masks will be required in order to practice and pass off your self defense, as well as your step sparring, so please bring a mask to each class so you can participate in these activities.
- Parents: Spectators will be allowed and do not need to wear masks as long as they maintain social distancing. All children MUST remain with their parent at all times unless they are in class.
Board Breaking Seminar (July 11, from 9am-1pm) This event is specifically for those preparing for Black Belt Testing and costs just $65 for the 4 hour seminar. The goal of this seminar is to expand your understanding of board breaking and to practice skills that will help you have a firm foundation for creating your board breaking outline.
Poomsae Seminar (TBD – Will be Rescheduled). This seminar will be taught by a World Champion in Poomsae, Master Julie Tregeagle. Those who attended last year have a phenomenal experience and we highly encourage you to attend if at all possible. There will be two sessions:
- Color Belt Poomsae and Training Drills from 9-noon ($60)
- Black Belt Poomsae from 1-4pm ($60)
Early Registration $60 for 1 seminar or $100 for both. $10 late fee per seminar after May 18th. Registration will be online and we will post here once it is live.
New Student Special
Web Special: New students who mention this ad will receive 1 month FREE during registration.
For every referral who signs up you earn 25 BST Buks to be used toward testing fees, tuition, or proshop items!
Want us to come do a talk at your school? We have a variety of topics that support teachers. Click here for info!
- June Color Belt Testing: June 15-19. CBT Week Schedule Here.
- 2020 Belt Jump Camp: June 15-19. Schedule Here.
- September Color Belt Testing: Sept 21-25. CBT Week Schedule Here.
- Wasatch Exhibition Tournament: TBD. Register Here August 1st.
- December Color Belt Testing: Dec 14-18. CBT Week Schedule Here.
- March 2021 Color Belt Testing: March TBD. CBT Week Schedule Here.
Note on Close Dates:
Many families go out of town for Holidays & 3 day weekends, which means that if we had class, many students would end up being behind when they got back. To mitigate this problem, we generally follow Alpine School District’s (ASD) Calendar and are closed when students don’t have school. We have worked these breaks into our curriculum schedule, so that students who attend our scheduled classes regularly will cover everything they need in order to test. We publish our close dates for the year in our Yearly Calendar. Please refer to it and plan as many vacations as possible during close dates to help keep interruptions on your path to Black Belt to a minimum.