Go Beyond the Ordinary
Empower Your Family
Empower the World
Tenet of the Week:
“Always believing in myself.”
I can do anything I set my mind to. I am a positive example for everyone around me.
Utah Valley's Premiere Martial Arts Studio & Fitness Center
Safety First - Look both ways before going into parking lot!
With so many people coming and going it can get pretty hectic. Cars may not be able to see you, so be safe!
No Peanuts Please!
We have students who are severely allergic, so don’t bring peanuts to BST and wash your hands if you ate them earlier. Thanks for keeping each other safe!
Bring a water bottle to classes!
To be able to get a drink during class, make sure to bring a water bottle with your name on it!
We have a Bike Rack at BST!
Please bring a bike lock, and remember to take bikes home each night!
(Parents of Ninjas Association)
To get involved talk to the Front Desk!
No shoes, food, or non-water drinks on the mat!
Help us take care of our training space and keep it clean!
We always bow when we go on and off the mat.
This shows respect and gratitude for our training space.
Remember to show respect by saying "Yes Ma'am/Sir"
A huge part of showing respect is acknowledging when someone has spoken to you!
Pushups: consequence not punishment
Consequences are a fact of life. We like pushups because they build the core muscles we need to excel!
Preschool is accepting students. Our Montessori-based preschool is open for enrollment. There are still some spaces available, so register here today!
BST Masks are available for purchase at the front desk! They’re super light and breathable, and come with their own reusable bag! Pick yours up today for just $5+tax.
We are renting lockers for $15 a month. These lockers are located over by the preschool and are spacious enough to hold your uniform, gloves, and sparring gear, as well as most weapons (bo staffs excluded unless they are telescopic). First come first serve!
Quick Drop-Off/Pick-Up Info/Guidelines:
- The Drop-Off Lane is only for quick drop-offs. Please do not idle, park, or otherwise block the Drop Off point.
- Do not park/leave your vehicle in the Pick-Up Lane. Be aware and attentive so that you can pull forward as soon as space becomes available and so that you can wave down your child when they come out.
- Do not stop in or otherwise block the Drive-Thru Lane. Keeping this lane open and moving freely is what will make the pick up process flow. If you must stop, pull into a parking stall instead of blocking this lane.
- The Pick-Up & Drive Thru Lanes run from West to East and then turn North to exit out of the middle of the lot. This prevents waiting parents from blocking the handicap and other parking stalls directly North of the Studio. Flow Diagram for Quick Drop-Off/Pick-Up here.
Students, please remember that you need to keep your hair out of your face! Besides making it easier for you to see, it also removes a distraction and the temptation to be constantly fixing your hair or brushing it out of your eyes. Those with long hair should use a ponytail, braid, or bun to keep it contained and out of the way. This goes for boys as well, ps. Please keep in mind that hats & bandanas are not considered appropriate uniform and should not be worn on the mat.
Wasatch Exhibition Cancelled this year. We are sad to announce that we will not be holding our annual tournament this year due to all the uncertainty surrounding Covid-19. Instead we will be doing in-class/ mini tournaments as we are able, so pay attention in your classes for news and come compete when you can. (For example, those who are attending the Board Breaking Class are eligible to register for the Breaking Tournament on September 30th. Registration Packets are available at the front desk.)
Watch the youtube videos to view your requirements and come to class with questions!
CBT Walk through has been emailed! This goes through our plan for testing and how we expect it to go. Please review with your students before testing.
Sparring hours are 6 hours per 3 months at rank. Please know that sparring is a consistent requirement, so even if you don’t test you need to attend sparring regularly!
For your Black Tape: Remember that you need to do a Performance 25 for each of your required forms in order to get your black tape! Watch the youtube videos to review & practice!
For your Green Tape: to pass off your green tape you need your free-sparring gear! For Green Belts and higher this means head gear & free-sparring boots as well as the gloves!
Current Covid 19 Safety Precautions
We are following a combination of the Utah guidelines for sports, gyms, & child care facilities. As such, we must require that all staff, students, and spectators wear a mask while in the studio.
Do NOT Enter BST if you have any of the following symptoms:
Any other Flu-like symptoms
- All Programs: We must require masks to follow state regulations and remain open. Please wear your mask at all times when inside the studio.
- Sparring: We will not be doing actual sparring matches at this time, but will focus instead on skill acquisition, endurance, and reaction skills.
- Parents: Spectators are allowed, but must wear masks while in the studio. All children MUST remain with their parent at all times unless they are in class.
Poomsae Seminar (TBD – Will be Rescheduled). This seminar will be taught by a World Champion in Poomsae, Master Julie Tregeagle. Those who attended last year have a phenomenal experience and we highly encourage you to attend if at all possible. There will be two sessions:
- Color Belt Poomsae and Training Drills from 9-noon ($60)
- Black Belt Poomsae from 1-4pm ($60)
Early Registration $60 for 1 seminar or $100 for both. $10 late fee per seminar after May 18th. Registration will be online and we will post here once it is live.
New Student Special
Web Special: New students who mention this ad will receive 1 month FREE during registration.
For every referral who signs up you earn 25 BST Buks to be used toward testing fees, tuition, or proshop items!
Want us to come do a talk at your school? We have a variety of topics that support teachers. Click here for info!
- September Color Belt Testing: Sept 21-25. CBT Week Schedule Here.
- Wasatch Exhibition Tournament: TBD. Register Here August 1st.
- December Color Belt Testing: Dec 14-18. CBT Week Schedule Here.
- March 2021 Color Belt Testing: March TBD. CBT Week Schedule Here.
- June Color Belt Testing: June TBD. CBT Week Schedule Here.
- 2020 Belt Jump Camp: June TBD. Schedule Here.
Note on Close Dates:
Many families go out of town for Holidays & 3 day weekends, which means that if we had class, many students would end up being behind when they got back. To mitigate this problem, we generally follow Alpine School District’s (ASD) Calendar and are closed when students don’t have school. We have worked these breaks into our curriculum schedule, so that students who attend our scheduled classes regularly will cover everything they need in order to test. We publish our close dates for the year in our Yearly Calendar. Please refer to it and plan as many vacations as possible during close dates to help keep interruptions on your path to Black Belt to a minimum.