Go Beyond the Ordinary
Empower Your Family
Empower the World
Tenet of the Week:
“Being respectful and considerate of others.”
I always show respect for myself, my family, and my community.
Utah Valley's Premiere Martial Arts Studio & Fitness Center
Safety First - Look both ways before going into parking lot!
With so many people coming and going it can get pretty hectic. Cars may not be able to see you, so be safe!
No Peanuts Please!
We have students who are severely allergic, so don’t bring peanuts to BST and wash your hands if you ate them earlier. Thanks for keeping each other safe!
Bring a water bottle to classes!
To be able to get a drink during class, make sure to bring a water bottle with your name on it!
We have a Bike Rack at BST!
Please bring a bike lock, and remember to take bikes home each night!
(Parents of Ninjas Association)
To get involved talk to the Front Desk!
No shoes, food, or non-water drinks on the mat!
Help us take care of our training space and keep it clean!
We always bow when we go on and off the mat.
This shows respect and gratitude for our training space.
Remember to show respect by saying "Yes Ma'am/Sir"
A huge part of showing respect is acknowledging when someone has spoken to you!
Pushups: consequence not punishment
Consequences are a fact of life. We like pushups because they build the core muscles we need to excel!
Keep your hair out of your face!
This shows confidence and improves your technique. No hats or full-head coverings please.
Saturday classes will be adjusted this month due to Black Belt Testing! Talk with your instructor for specific info!
Tricks & Flips Class is on Wednesdays at 7pm. Due to the crazy Saturday schedule we have decided to move Tricks & Flips to Wednesday nights at 7. This will allow the class to meet consistently without interruptions from Saturday events. Tricks & Flips will build your core and improve many aspects of your Taekwondo, besides learning cool skills to spice up your creative performances like demo team, weapons, or creative forms. Come try it this week and be prepared to have a blast! All Black Belt Club members are invited to attend.
We’ve started a brand-new testing cycle! It’s a great time to start classes, and we invite all family members of current students to come try one class for free during until this Friday!
Service Opportunity – Raising funds & Donations for Primary Children’s! You can participate in the service project by donating items, or, if you want hours for testing you can hand out flyers (which can be picked up at the front desk) to family, friends and neighbors and return a few days later to pick up any donations left on the porch. Keep track of service hours and turn in hours and donations to Carol Merkley or the front desk. A flyer with more info has been emailed to current students, or you can look on Primary Childen’s website for a list of ways to give.
Tired of hauling your gear to and from the studio, or worse, leaving it at home and getting to do pushups? If this sounds like you, then we have a solution! Big enough to hold your uniform, gloves, and sparring gear, our on-site lockers can be rented for just $7.50/month or $60/year! Availability is limited, so if you want one, talk to the front desk today!
*Dates and times subject to change. Any changes will be announced asap.
- January 30 – Black Belt Testing Trial 3. Attendance is invitation only.
- February 20 @ 11am – BST Hanmadang
- March 6 @ 11am – Poomsae Tournament
- March 22-26 – Color Belt Testing
- April 24 @ 11am – Poomsae Seminar
- May 8 @ 11am – Sparring Seminar
- May 28-29 – Black Belt Overnighter
- May 31- June 4 – Black Belt Prep Camp
- June 12 @ 8 am – Black Belt Testing Trial 1
- June 14-18 – Belt Jump Camp
- June 14-18 – Color Belt Testing
- June 21-25 – Leadership Conference
- July 24 from 9-1pm – Board Breaking Seminar
- August 7 from 11-2pm – Breaking Extravaganza
- September 11 @ 11am – BST Hanmadang 2
- September 18 @ 9am – Black Belt Testing Trial 1
- September 20-24 – Color Belt Testing
- October 9 @11am – Sparring Tournament
- November 13 @11am – Board Breaking Tournament
- December 4 @ 11am – Black Belt Challenge Tournament
- December 11 @ 8 am – Black Belt Testing Trial 2
- December 13-17 – Color Belt Testing
Techniques Week – Green tape
Watch the youtube videos to view your requirements and come to class with questions!
For your Green Tape: to practice and pass off your green tape you need your free-sparring gear! For Green Belts and higher this means head gear & free-sparring boots as well as the gloves!
Sparring hours are 6 hours within the last 3 months at rank. Please know that sparring is a consistent requirement, so even if you don’t test you need to attend sparring regularly!
For your Black Tape: Remember that you need to do a Performance 25 for each of your required forms in order to get your black tape! Watch the youtube videos to review & practice!
Covid-19 Safety Precautions
Do NOT Enter BST if you have any of the following symptoms:
Any other Flu-like symptoms
If you are quarantined due to possible Covid exposure somewhere else, please do not attend classes at BST. We have online options available until you are cleared to leave quarantine.
- All Programs: We must require masks to follow state regulations and remain open. Please wear your mask at all times when inside the studio.
- Sparring: If you do not feel comfortable sparring a person you can spar on a bag instead.
- Parents: Spectators are welcome if they wear a mask at all times and social distance as much as possible. Visiting children must remain with their caregiver at all times.
New Student Special
Web Special: New students who mention this ad will receive 1 month FREE during registration.
For every referral who signs up you earn 25 BST Buks to be used toward testing fees, tuition, or proshop items!
Want us to come do a talk at your school? We have a variety of topics that support teachers. Click here for info!